- An intensive 4 day onsite preparation course for the NP OSCE examination held in Vancouver, BC
- Prior to the course, students are provided preparation handouts which include OSCE related documents from CRNBC, templates for history taking, templates for counseling and providing information as well as developing a management plan. Physical exam templates for the different systems will also be provided.
- Sessions consist of active student engagement – working with partners reviewing multiple practice scenarios
- OSCE exam tasks are broken down into simple steps and concepts:
– Performing a detailed history taking
– Performing physical exams
– Counselling and providing information
– Developing a management plan
- Learn to maximize use of your study time through efficient studying techniques
- Build confidence approaching different scenarios covered in family & adult streams
- Learn how to manage your stress
- Small class sizes allowing you to receive optimal attention and support
- Connect with other NP students and meet study partners
- Opportunity to participate in a mock OSCE on the final day to experience a simulated exam which includes mock patients
- Ongoing guidance and feedback provided throughout course and up until exam
DAY 1 – History Taking
Day 1 focuses on history taking which will include working in partners practicing various scenarios and applying history taking acronyms with ongoing feedback throughout. A history taking acronym will be included in your preparation folder. You can also use your own history taking acronym for the sessions. Post encounter Probes (PEPS) will also be practiced during the sessions. The PEPs are the written part of the OSCE exam which are part of the couplet stations. All scenarios will be reviewed in detail.
DAY 2 – Counseling and Providing Information / Developing a Management Plan
Day 2 focuses on counselling and management plans which will include working in partners practicing various scenarios with ongoing feedback. A counselling and management template will be provided in your preparation folder.
DAY 3 – Physical Exams
Day 3 focuses on practicing physical exams on other students. Exam tables and instruments will be provided for practice in addition to templates for each of the systems below.
- Neurological exam
- Cardiovascular exam
- Respiratory exam
- Abdominal exam
- Cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine exam
- Shoulder exam
- Elbow exam
- Wrist/hand exam
- Knee exam
- Ankle/foot exam
DAY 4 – Mock OSCE
Day 4 consists of a simulated OSCE including patient interactions covering history taking, PEP (post encounter probe) stations and counselling and management stations. This will be timed and set up similar to an actual OSCE to provide a realistic experience. You will need your lab coat and stethoscope. The MOCK OSCE uses volunteers which include previous NP students, current NP students or other volunteers.
Please note that NP examiners will NOT be present during the MOCK OSCE as this is not logistically possible and would drive up course fees astronomically. However, there will be review of all the MOCK OSCE stations at the end of the day. There will be 1:1 feedback provided after completion of the 4-day course
Pricing is based on the type of osce prep course selected