- An intensive preparation course for NPs preparing for OSCEs or those looking for a refresher of family practice content and clinical skills.
- 4 day onsite courses held in Vancouver, BC and 3 day onsite courses held in Ontario throughout the year
- 1 to 1 virtual coaching sessions available
- Sessions consist of active student engagement and hands on practice of clinical skills
- OSCE tasks are broken down into simple steps and concepts:
– Obtaining a detailed history
– Performing physical exams
– Counselling and providing information
– Developing management plans
- Learn efficient studying techniques and methods
- Small class sizes allowing you to receive optimal support and feedback
- Network with other NP students and form study groups
- Students provided preparation resources which include templates for history taking, counseling and developing management plans as well as physical exam templates
- Review critical incidents and red flags commonly tested in OSCEs
- Consolidate your clinical skills to enhance practice
- Learn how to effectively manage test anxiety and improve confidence
DAY 1 – History Taking
Focuses on history taking through active partner engagement using a history taking acronym and application to various scenarios. Post encounter Probes (PEPS) will also be practiced during the sessions. The PEPs are the written part of the OSCE exam which are part of the couplet stations. All scenarios will be reviewed in detail.
DAY 2 – Counselling and Providing Information / Developing a Management Plan
Focuses on counselling and developing management plans through active partner engagement using templates and application to various scenarios.
DAY 3 – Physical Exams
Focuses on practicing various physical exams Exam tables and instruments are provided for practice in addition to templates for each of the systems below.
- Neurological exam
- Cardiovascular exam
- Respiratory exam
- Abdominal exam
- Cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine exam
- Shoulder exam
- Elbow exam
- Wrist/hand exam
- Knee exam
- Ankle/foot exam
DAY 4 – Mock OSCE
Consists of a simulated OSCE where students will have the opportunity to work through timed OSCE stations with mock patient interactions covering history taking, PEPs (post encounter probes), physical exams, and counselling and management plan stations. All mock OSCE stations will be reviewed at the end of the day. There will be 1 to 1 feedback provided after completion of the course.
Pricing is based on the type of osce prep course selected